Chapter 7: Another Limitation on Copyright: Fair Use
This chapter contains the following decisions, listed in the order they are presented in the text. Click on any case name to see background information as well as the full court opinion.
- Fair Use in Comparative Perspective
- The Different Faces of Fair Use
- Harper & Row, Publishers v. Nation Enterprises
- Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, Inc.
- Castle Rock Entertainment v. Carol Publishing Group, Inc.
- Nuñez v. Caribbean International News Corp. (El Vocero de Puerto Rico)
- Bill Graham Archives v. Dorling Kindersley Ltd.
- Sega Enterprises Ltd. v. Accolade, Inc.
- Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. v. Connectix Corp.
- Perfect 10, Inc. v. Amazon, Inc.
- Sony Corporation of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc.
- A&M Records, Inc. v. Napster, Inc.
- American Geophysical Union v. Texaco, Inc.
Cases contained in second edition that are no longer in the third edition.